Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Eclipse Foundation » TippingPoint identifies projects.eclpise.org as a source of Malware(projects.eclipse.org flagged as malware site)
TippingPoint identifies projects.eclpise.org as a source of Malware [message #1741415] Wed, 24 August 2016 21:01 Go to next message
Mike Cargal is currently offline Mike CargalFriend
I'm being told that TippingPoint (TrendMicro) has identified this site as a source of malware. That's caused it to be blocked by corporate firewalls. Obviously, this is a major source of pain for developers just trying to install plugins.

Has anyone run into this before? If so, any hints on how to deal with it?

Saying "I don't care if there's malware somewhere in there, I still need access" is not going to get the access granted
Re: TippingPoint identifies projects.eclpise.org as a source of Malware [message #1741638 is a reply to message #1741415] Fri, 26 August 2016 13:39 Go to previous message
David Williams is currently offline David WilliamsFriend
Normally I'd say "open a bug" on the website, but I have done so on your behalf. See

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=500333

But, in short, I think this is a warning about an old vulnerability in Jetty that has since been fixed.

Previous Topic:Eclipse User Profile
Next Topic:Neon T-shirt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 18:49:39 GMT 2024